- Form Name
- Will – The only place where you can make your wishes known is in your will.
- Where do you get the form
- You should probably see an attorney to prepare this document.
- Who signs the form
- The person who prepares the will as well as two witnesses
- Default state preference funeral agent
- (1) Surviving spouse or domestic partner
(2) Majority of surviving adult children
(3) Surviving parent or parents
(4) Majority of brothers and sisters
(5) Other next of kin according to degree of consanguinity.
- Revoking a Funeral agent
- To revoke an agent, the will has to be amended.
- Special Notes
- New Jersey recently adopted a designated agent law.
Be sure to put your will in a place where it can quickly be located. If the only copy is in your safe deposit box, it may not be read before funeral plans are made by your family.