- State name of program
- Street address
- 2727 Mahan Drive, Mail Stop 8, Tallahassee, FL 32308
- Phone number
- State Medicaid link
- Resource limits
- 1) Community spouse resource allowance is $104,400.
2) The state Medicaid program will not cover long-term care services for those with home equity above $500,000, with certain exceptions, i.e. the Medicaid recipient’s spouse or dependents residing in the home.
3) Asset limit of $2,000 for an individual or $3,000 for a couple.
4) Check the website for a list of some of the assets that are exempt from Medicaid qualifications.
- Income limits
- 1) Florida is an “Income Cap” state. In other words, if a person’s gross income is over $1,869 per month, that person is ineligible for ICP benefits.
2) Nursing home gross monthly income limit for 2008 is $1,911 for an individual or $3,822 for an eligible couple.
3) Personal needs allowance of $25.
4) Monthly maximum maintenance income allowance $1,712.
- Special notes
- Medicaid rules are very complex; you should check with your nearest Florida Medicaid office for detailed information.