- State name of program
- Street address
- 501 Dexter Ave., Montgomery, AL 36104
- Mailing address
- P.O. Box 5624, Montgomery, AL 36103-5624
- Phone number
- State Medicaid link
- Resource limits
- 1) Resource limits cannot exceed $2,000 per month or $3,000 per month. Some examples of resources are: cash, money in checking and savings accounts, loans, promissory notes, stocks, bonds, time deposits, mutual funds, mineral and timber rights, real estate, etc.
2) Home equity cannot exceed $500,000 unless the home is occupied by a spouse or minor or disabled child.
- Income limits
- 1) To qualify for Medicaid through SSI the income limit for an aged, blind or disabled individual cannot exceed $694 per month or $1,031 per couple.
2) The Medicaid income limit for individuals eligible for the Nursing Home (institutional) program is $2,022 per month.
3) If you are a Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB), your income cannot exceed $923 per month for an individual or $1,235 for a couple.
- Special notes
- There are many different special programs offered by the state, each with its own requirements. Go to their website or contact the Alabama Medicaid office for further details.